Brea from Texas (like Ron Paul!) tagged me with a meme, and since I didn’t have time to get up my normal post today, I thought it would be fun to not procrastinate this…So here’s the directions: post two wish lists, 5 material wishes and 5 spiritual or more meaningful wishes. Then tag five people (but I’m gonna stick with 3).
1. I wish I could stay home with Anja. Even though I like my job, it breaks my heart to leave her with someone else even the two days a week that I do.
2. I wish my family ate even better than we do. I have a weakness for cookies. And bars. (For those of you who don’t live in the Midwest, “bars” are like brownies, a pan of something sweet cut into squares. There are must many varieties.)
3. I wish money wasn’t such a problem for my generation. Society has become geared toward two incomes, and it is very hard to live on one income, even if it’s decent.
4. I wish we had a house with our own yard for Anja to play in. Maybe even an acre or two with trees.
5. I wish Husband could travel the way he wants to—Europe,
1. I pray my family will come to know Christ.
2. I pray for the spiritual maturity needed to raise my daughter (and hopefully her siblings someday) in the way God would want me to.
3. I pray for solidarity of faith for Husband.
4. I pray for boldness and wisdom when I interact with unbelievers, that they might see and know and love Christ for who He is and not the figment that our culture (and even many churches) make him out to be.
5. I pray that I will use the gifts God has given me in a way that is most glorifying to Him…that any creativity, efficiency, etc. might be redeemed from getting simply an earthly “job well done.”
In my first meme, I guess I forgot this part. Sorry! I’m new, remember? I tag Lori, Carrie and Erica. If you aren’t the “memeing” type, don’t worry about it. I won’t be offended. Oh, and I think it’s also protocol to let the person you tag know via email or a comment on their blog that you tagged them.