What a fabulous Friday. Aside from the fact that my baby and I are getting over a mild case of the respiratory flu (Lord, can the fussing stop? Her, not me. :)), I have much for which to be thankful.
I have front and back windows open and a cool spring breeze is giving me free (and much better smelling) a/c. As a result, I can hear my neighbor’s wind chime and imagine myself on the dock at a lakeside cottage, waves lapping at the shore.
I just saved $46 at the grocery store in coupons and discounts.
I got me a little sprig of lilac from a park last night. Life is sweet. Except for that crying baby…excuse me…
Carrie, who will graduate nursing school this weekend (yay! Pop over and congratulate her!), tagged me for a meme yesterday. So here it is:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing 5 years ago?
– I was at home preparing for my wedding. Last-minute things, like printing programs (should that be last-minute? Probably not.), coming up with favors, picking out centerpieces from the huge conglomeration of antiques my grandmother let me borrow…and I was enjoying my last few days with my maiden name. 🙂
What are five things to do on your to do list for the day?
– Get groceries (done)
– Make supper
– Go for a walk with Anja
– Plan locations the hubby and I will visit the rest of this weekend (we’re celebrating our 5th anniversary a week early since we’ll be up north with family next weekend)
– Spend time with God
What are five snacks you enjoy?
– Cookies (duh)
– Chips (I never used to like them until I hit “puberty” at age 21. That’s when I first started getting zits and craving salty things.)
– Ice cream
– In season fruit (right now pineapple is ending its peak and stone fruits are on their way, people!)
– Cereal (especially Quaker Oatmeal Squares)
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
– Stay home with Anja
– Buy a house instead of a townhome (though I really am thankful for our nice home)
– Invest in some charitable gift annuities and live off the interest while helping those ministries out
– Support other ministries in new and astounding ways (currently on support list: Wycliffe, Compassion International and our church/Desiring God)
– I don’t know. Maybe travel?
What are five of your bad habits?
– Biting torn nails when I don’t have a file handy
– Doing one of them right now (Internet)
– Impulse buying
What are five jobs you have had?
– Maintenance/Landscaping at the D.O.T.
– In-home elderly care
– Camp counselor
– Executive assistant at a private school
– Youth minister
What five people do you want to tag?
– my good friend Jennifer
– my other good friend Jennifer who needs to get a new blog so I can link to her when she does a guest post
– bloggy friend Sharkey
– bloggy friend Jamie at her new home on the net
– bloggy friend mck Mama