Talked to Mom on the phone this afternoon. Praise that she has indeed *ahem* passed wind, and they started her on some solids. But they made her nauseous, so it’s back to slushies, juice and pop. Sounds like they found cancer in one of the lymph nodes they removed when they took the section of colon, so she will meet with an oncologist in early December to determine next treatment steps. It will likely be chemo, radiation or both. As you can imagine, she was quite down. But I got her permission to post and ask for your prayers!
And in keeping with my new “personal accountability” theme, I am asking myself “What can I do to help?”
For the benefit of myself and you (in case the book sounded interesting to you and you need impetus to check it out), I’ll make my list here. This is difficult, as I would like to be there for her, but I am 5 hours away. So, remotely, I can:
1. Keep checking on Mom a couple times a day.
2. Do her Christmas shopping for her.
3. Cook the Thanksgiving meal for all the relatives in her place.
4. Re-read The China Study for myself and get back on track with the principles therein.
5. Encourage my mom to make bold decisions for her own health*.
6. Pray for her as often as I can.
Thanks so much for your continued prayers, everyone. We appreciate every one!
*Like asking the hospital if they can give her something to eat besides only sugar, which FEEDS cancer.