The things Anja picks up on these days amazes me. For about a month and a half now, when reading certain books, she’ll remember the words and insert them. For instance, when we read Goodnight Moon, I say “Goodnight to the old lady whispering…” and Anja fills in “Hush.” When finishing the last sentence of Where the Wild Things Are, she inserts the word “hot.”
And I think she’s starting to have a small grasp of letter sounds. When reading through alphabet book, we got to the H page, and she added “hot” to the list of words, and when we came to W she added “water.”
The things I have already learned and take for granted are fresh as a new snow. They are bright and crisp, taking my breath away. I never imagined the letter H could do that.
Today is Husband’s birthday. He asked me Saturday how old he was going to be. Not very, yet he exclaimed that he must’ve missed some years and couldn’t possibly be that old. “Thanks,” I muttered, suddenly gray-haired and hunched. I’ve got him by almost two years!
But I love you, dear Husband, even if you make me feel old!
I stole this Husband Meme from Paula, who just celebrated her 22nd anniversary (stop over and say congratulations!). But this is about MY husband, of course. 🙂
1. He’s sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen? Something about history or travel, most likely on PBS.
2. You are out to eat, what kind of dressing does he get on is salad? If they don’t have Poppyseed, Thousand Island.
3. What’s one food he doesn’t like? Beans.
4. You go out to a bar. What does he order? A double bock.
5. Where did he go to high school? Rush City.
6. What size shoes does he wear? 10.
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? Kisses.
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? He doesn’t really play favorites.
9. What would this person eat every day if he could? Cake. But he likes variety, so I doubt he would actually want to eat the same thing every day.
10. What is his favorite cereal? Generic Honey Smacks…I forget what they’re called–Golden Puffs or something like that.
11. What would he never wear? Pajamas.
12. What is his favorite sports team? He’s not into sports.
13. Who did he vote for? Robert Barr.
14. Who is his best friend? Me
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do? Complain about my body.
16. How many states has he lived in? Two – North Dakota and Minnesota. Three if you count the summer we both lived in Illinois.
17. What is his heritage? Swedish and Jewish.
18. You bake him a cake for his birthday, what kind of cake? Banana Cake with Quick Caramel Frosting.
19. Did he play sports in high school? Basketball and golf.
20. What could he spend hours doing? Playing video games or reading.