Though if a hairy ear passes for bling, I don’t know if I want to be blinged out…
I have been negligent in mentioning a couple of awards that have (somewhat) recently been given to me. The first is the “Honest Scrap” Award from Tara. I am supposed to list 10 honest things about myself. So where’s the line between honest and TMI? We’ll see if I can toe it today.
1. I got new, kind-of-sassy underwear for Christmas. Husband is happy (see the 1 Cor. 7:5 Challenge button on the side? If you’ve not clicked it before, you should check it out. Your husband will thank you.).
2. I am quite near-sighted. My mother was shocked and appalled when she once accompanied me to the eye doctor and found out that my eyesight was, in fact, even worse than hers.
3. I birthed Anja with no drugs. I also tore a lot. It hurt.
4. I can assemble a banker’s box in about 30 seconds.
5. I came across something even worse than this episode when Anja was about 9 or 10 months old. Let’s just say it involved apparent “chocolate stains” around the mouth. She apparently cannot be left unsupervised in her own room for longer than about 20 seconds.
6. I blame my husband almost every time we’re late getting somewhere, even if it wasn’t completely his fault.
7. I like cookies.
8. I have regularly lifted weights since I was about 14. Due to some rather heavy lifting when I was younger, my arms bulk up quickly if I lift too much. So I’m stuck lifting small weights for a million reps unless I want to look like a (male) pro wrestler.
9. I have a hard time making and keeping good friends. I often lament to Husband that I miss college, when the environment made it so easy. We lived in community. Moving to the Twin Cities has made it especially hard. Someone might attend your same church but live 45 minutes from you, which doesn’t make for convenient play dates and get-togethers.
10. I have irrational fears that I don’t want to type out because Satan might read my blog.
The other award is this hairy ear from Lori:
Here is the story behind the award:
This is the Van Gogh’s Ear Award as created by Roger of Idaho Photo.
This is what he wrote about the Van Gogh’s Ear Award:”Every year I like to make up a award and hand it out to people that make a difference in the blogsphere. I like to make it an award for all to enjoy and pass out if one so wants to, I just ask if your going to give it out to link back to me as the creator of the Van Gogh’s Ear Award.
“Inspiration of the Van Gogh’s Ear Award”:
You may know the story of Vincent Van Gogh a well known artist in history. Although a brilliant painter in his later years went quite insane he received the nickname of fou roux (“the redheaded madman”). The most bazaar of Vincent’s behavior is when he cut off the lower part of his own left ear lobe, which he wrapped in newspaper and gave to a prostitute named Rachel in the local brothel, asking her to “keep this object carefully”. After this he suffered recurrent bouts of mental illness, which led to his suicide July 29, 1890 he was 37 years old. His works of art are priceless. “The point of this award” We are all artist in are own way be it art, photography, writing, philosophy, comedy, blogging and we all go a little crazy sometimes.
Thanks, ladies! I appreciate them both–and you’re great, too!