- To get put to bed, tucked in and kissed?
- To have your mom lay out your clothes?
- To run through the sprinkler in the summer…for HOURS?
- To let popsicle drip down your hand and onto your clothes and not feel very bad about it?
- To run and run and run…just for fun?
- To pass notes in class?
- To have your biggest stress be a one-page homework assignment due the next day?To stay up late with friends and have no problem waking at 7:00 the next morning? And then do the same thing the next night?
- To not have a schedule?
- To receive gifts with no expectation that you would ever return one?
- To have 27 crushes on different guys all at once?
- To go out for coffee whenever you wanted, without having to hire a babysitter?
- To call a friend and talk for an hour without any interruptions?
- To do only two or three loads of laundry per week?
- To go for evening (after dark) walks or drives around your neighborhood?
- To go to Barnes & Noble and not spend any time in the children’s section?
I would not go back, and I would not trade my life, but I am definitely one of those who enjoys the remembering…