Hi everyone! How was your 4th of July? Mine was fabulous. In no particular order, here are some of the things my family partook in over the long weekend:
- Ate at 5 Guys, per BooMama’s suggestion, and my stars, was it ever yummy! Husband declared it just as good as Red Robin, and that’s saying a lot!
- Walked through beautiful gardens of roses and fountains and trees.
- Read on a blanket under one of aforementioned trees.
- Sat in the breeze by a beach (not on it, however) in lawn chairs and ate snacks and read the Bible.
- Had a lovely pot-luck picnic with Husband’s extended family.
- Walked by Lake Como and went to part of one of the free concerts offered there.
- Went to a flea market (just me) and bought a custom-made harvest table, which should be ready this fall.
- Went for walks.
- Worked out.
- Introduced Husband to the magic that is Maggiano’s (his first time!). We’re not big into Italian food (too bland, too the-samey, too Chef Boyardee), but even he was impressed with this place.
- Read some more.
It was so relaxing, the best weekend I’ve had in a long time! How about you?