Day 5 of our staycation included:
- A workout.
- Salads from Target for lunch.
- Cleaning and laundry (I know, doesn’t seem like much of a vacation, but I figured if we stayed on top of it, we wouldn’t have to do it all the week after).
- Husband’s folks coming to babysit.
- A night in Stillwater, MN, just the two of us! We stayed in the Aurora Staples Inn, in The Peacock Room. Hors d’oeuvres and wine/sparkling juice greeted us upon arrival. Just a short drive from the Twin Cities, it is like you have entered another world. Stillwater is small, yet enchanting, with its lift bridge, adorable shops, and idyllic setting on the St. Croix River.
- A stroll around the neighborhood–there are so many attractive homes in Stillwater.
- Supper at Savories—yum! Husband had steak frites with homemade pommes frites and homemade ketchup. I had chicken penne with sun-dried tomato pesto cream sauce and mushrooms. The complimentary sun-dried tomato focaccia bread and dipping sauce, a rosemary olive oil with balsamic-infused honey, were delicious. The only downside to our meal was that Husband’s meal only came with about a tablespoon of ketchup for half a plate of fries. He was told if he wanted more, he would have to pay for it. When you’re already paying $22 for your steak bites and fries, is it really that hard to throw in another tablespoon of ketchup? Four out of five stars.
- A soak in our jacuzzi tub–so relaxing! And we had picked up a few chocolates from Tremblay’s in town and ate those for a late dessert.