Day 6 of our staycation included:
- A good sleep. The bed was comfy (I rarely get a good night’s rest when I’m away, but I slept quite well here).
- Breakfast at the Inn: heavenly bananas (bananas and blueberries with granola and creme fraiche), Eggs Benedict and fried potatoes, raspberry peach cobbler with ice cream, OJ, tea/coffee and water. I thought the eggs were a little bland, but Husband maintains that was just because I still had a slightly stuffy nose.
- A stroll, in the rain, through the downtown area of Stillwater.
- A little shopping. My favorite shops: Interior Motive, Rose Mille,The Chef’s Gallery, and St. Croix Antiquarian Booksellers. Also, someday, I’d love to take Anja here.
- A late lunch at The Freight House. We split the meal that Husband got last time he went there, the smoked brisket sandwich with a side of sweet potato fries. Oh. My. The Deliciousness. The meat was smoked perfectly, and the toppings complemented the meat so well. Ours came without mayo, but we decided that was fine. The fries are very crispy on the outside and sweet potato sweet and soft on the inside–great with just a dash of salt. If it weren’t for the leaky roof (we had to walk around 6 or 7 bus tubs catching dripping water at the entry…haha!), I could have given this meal, if not the restaurant, five stars out of five. The wait staff has always been friendly, the service prompt, the joint fairly clean. I’ll have to be unbiased and give it a 4 out of 5.
- A trip home to share some “thank you” goodies from Tremblay’s (yes, we stopped there again) with Husband’s family and see our baby girl.
- Began watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua (oh, help me!) with Anja before bed. She remembered the dogs’ names after only 20 minutes of watching (Delgado and Chloe, in case you care).