Day 7 of our staycation included:
- NOT the Uptown Art Fair, where we had intended to go.
- Some working on my behalf, even though I had promised myself I wouldn’t.
- The end of Beverly Hills Chihuahua.
- Eggs and hashbrowns made by Husband for supper.
- A game of Stratego and some bottled root beer after Anja was in bed. He won.
All in all, a very relaxing week. It was nice to (mostly) sleep in our own bed, come and go as we pleased, change our schedule at will (or because of weather), and just spend time together as a family. I forgot to add up receipts from the last couple days, but I think we did the entire staycation for under $500, including the B&B, all the eating out (those splurges are worth it to us), the activities, and quite a few “souvenirs” (mostly things I’d been wanting/needing around the house, like a juicer, new couch pillows, a piece of art, some cookie cutters…). If you add gasoline in, it’s probably more like $550, but still, not too shabby considering that would have bought us two plane tickets and nothing more.