My Take on the Burlap Wreath

I ran across this wreath on a blog, and since I had a bunch of burlap left over from this project, I decided to give it a go.  I originally planned it for my nekkid balustrade, but it was a bit too diminutive and looked ridiculous.  I hung it on this window.  Now I just need some bigger ribbon to tie it up with–this strip of leftover cloth I had (from a different project) isn’t doing it for me.  🙂

This is a very fast project.  Start-to-finish for me was probably about 45 minutes, but part of that was because I started out with a heavy-gauge wire, thinking I wouldn’t need something as thick as a hanger.  Not so!  The burlap made my wire sag, so I had to re-do the entire thing.  I don’t know if the wreath in the tutorial is smaller than mine or something, but I used six 3′ strips (4″ wide), and it still seemed a bit sparse to me.

Burlap Wreath 010910


One thought on “My Take on the Burlap Wreath

  1. What a nice wreath! You just got sooo many wonderful ideas for decorating. Thanks for always sharing…
    In acknowledgement I’d like to pass on the award I got from Angelia to you. I don’t know if you’re participating, but if yes, you’ll find the award on my blog.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s