My baby boy is already two months old! I can’t believe how quickly it has gone. I am really enjoying his little personality, which is starting to show. Markus, this month you:
- Are smiling socially. You will sometimes smile at us to get us to smile, or you coo to get our attention and then start smiling.
- Love the ceiling fans, just as your sister did. Even though they are way far away, and you obviously can’t see them clearly, I think you like the contrast between them and the white ceiling, and it makes you very happy. Such a funny boy! I have to admit I sometimes get jealous when you seem to like the fan more than me.
- Are still not sleeping through the night. This is a source of frustration for me. We’ve tried many different things, but you refuse to go longer than 5 hours (I think you’ve done 6 maybe twice) between feedings, which makes for one tired mama! I’ve resorted to going to bed earlier and earlier, trying to get more than 6 hours of spotty sleep myself.
- Eat like a champ. I wouldn’t be surprised if you’ve gained 5 lbs by your 2-month appointment, which is next week. You are so roly-poly. I love it! I wanted a baby with thunder thighs this time, since Anja had long, skinny sticks for legs. You delivered, big time. Ha!
- Made it through your first trip. Granted, it was only a half hour away, but you slept great in an unfamiliar place, and you even had to share the room with your sister (who talks non-stop until she falls asleep). Way to go, Markus!
- Still don’t like riding in the car. Whereas a lot of babies your age will sleep from the moment they enter until they exit, you fuss on and off throughout every ride. I’m confident you’ll grow out of this.
- Are liking baths more. You are okay with just one rag to cover you now.
- Are still quite terrified of your big sister. When you hear her, your eyes go big and your mouth makes a little “o.” I find it funny, and I’m sure in time you’ll get used to her volume and spunk.