I don’t have time for a normal post schedule these days, so here are lots of thoughts that probably would have been full posts had there been time:
- Nursing is a lot better than I ever imagined it would be. I feared it with Anja, but after the initial callousing up, I found it to be a great bonding time with her. Markus forgets to eat half the time (not that you’d know it by his size!) because he’s so busy smiling. And what is it about the chubby, soft little hand pulling at my collar bone, my chin, my shirt that is so sweet?
- Speaking of his size, my big boy measured in at 25 3/4″ and 17 lbs at his 4 month check-up!
- We start getting shipments from our CSA next week, which is GREAT! I’m excited to plan meals around what we get in each bag. Lately we’ve been doing a lot of egg and bean dishes, and the occasional grilling out.
- It was in the low 90s here yesterday and so humid I could drink the air. That’s pretty rare for May. In fact, I remember doing a wedding at the end of May last year and thinking it was pretty nice even though it was in the 60s!
- We finally had enough non-rainy, non-windy days last week for me to finish painting Anja’s big girl bed. Now once we’ve made a little more progress with potty training (you do not even want to know what it’s been like), we hope to move her into it.
- I shot my first wedding of the season on Saturday. The day started with thunderstorms, but was in the high 80s by the end of the day. I haven’t gotten through all the photos yet, so here’s hoping they’re good! 🙂
- Anyone have any plans for Memorial Day weekend? It’s our 7th anniversary on Monday (love you, Husband!), so I’m hoping we can at least go for a walk or something.