A bit belated…
My precious pumpkin, bursting at the seams with personality…this year has not been easy. If someone had told me the terrible twos would be this hard, I may have reconsidered having children.
That said, I am taken with you. I love:
- Your fascination with the smallest of things
- The way you carefully enunciate every word
- The southern drawl you seem to have picked up somewhere (“My favorite color is ray-ed”)
- How you ask to wear a beeeauuutiful dress every morning
- That you don’t put up a fuss when I make you wear pants instead some days
- Your voracious desire to read
- The incredible stories you weave, almost all of which include a spooky forest or cave
- How much you adore throwing tea parties
- When you have the most random smattering of guests to your tea parties (like Mommy, a stuffed dog, and a tiny worm sitting in a giant chair)
- Your long, blonde hair
- The way you form words with your little mouth
- When you try to tickle me
- Your knock knock jokes (the punchline is always: “___ went to school”)
- How you are 3 going on 13 (when we tell you no to something, such as a cookie, and you stomp off to your room, saying, “Then I will never, EVER eat a cookie. NEVER!” and slam the door). Wait, this might be also something I hate…
- Your huge heart for your extended family (you just looooove your grandparents and aunties and uncles, etc.)
- How you make up random songs about everything and even tell entire 15-minute long stories via song and rhyming verse
True, I could do without the power struggles, tantrums and drama, but I keep praying God will use that strong will of yours to His glory some day.
We love you, Anja.