2010 has been one of the toughest years on record for me. Maybe THE toughest. I say bring on 2011!
That said, I have been keeping a gratitude journal (inspired by this post) since mid-October. It is sometimes easy and sometimes a true exercise to write out the things for which I am thankful. Today, it was easy. And since we should use our words to encourage and uplift, I dub it appropriate for me to write some of my lists here. Please leave some of your own thoughts in the comments; it would encourage and uplift me!
Today, I am thankful for:
- steam rising from my mug of green tea, visible by the light of the window
- rain on the glass–a mild day for late December
- the piles of beautiful snow we’ve received this season
- watching my boy “push push push” his way down the hall on his little car, his feet barely able to reach the floor
- anticipated delight in the ginger cookie that will accompany aforementioned tea
Friends, I am also so thankful for this community. There are lonely days, too-busy days (Who am I kidding? Too-busy seasons!), and pull-my-hair-out days, but the gentle reminders, the “you’re doing greats,” and just knowing you are struggling and working through these times, too…it blesses my heart. Happy New Year!