Oh, Markus, my boy. You have changed a TON these past three months. At 15 months old, you:
- Are trying, and liking, many more foods. Some of your favorites: barley, sweet potatoes, pinto beans, peaches, bread, and almond milk.
- Took your first steps a few weeks ago, but still don’t walk more than a few steps at a time. You’re a cautious one when it comes to walking, but…
- Attempt new things with reckless abandon. From standing on wobbly little chairs to scaling a pile of boxes to taking on your sister (who is almost double your weight) in a fight, you are not one to back down from a challenge.
- Have developed an unfortunate “whining/screeching” noise that you make when you don’t get your way. It happened while we were gone in Dallas, so I blame your grandparents. 🙂
- Also developed an attachment to a lovey (bear head with a blanket attached) while we were gone. It’s pretty cute to see you hugging him and dragging him around.
- Have gained weight and height. Hooray! Both were necessary, since you had barely gained any at your 1 yr appointment.
- Are loving books more and more. You have developed favorites, and we’re excited to watch you learn as you read.
- Are still a mama’s boy. You have got serious stranger anxiety, and don’t even like to be with Daddy when I am in the room. We’ll keep on leaving you with other people and praying that this gets better.
- Are completely scared of animals. We went to the zoo this week, and the only thing that didn’t make you cry was the fish. We think it possibly stems from a memory of a friend’s dog giving you an unwelcome face bath, but we are praying that this, too, will pass.
- Have figured out way, way too many things around the house. You can turn on Daddy’s TV and X-box, open baby-proofed cupboards, pull a stool up to the counter and reach the stove (BIG uh-oh), pull down and empty boxes on my supply shelf, open toilet lids, flush toilets, and most recently, reach table-tops and anything within a few inches of the edge (which will be pulled to the floor). And we thought your sister got into a lot of stuff!
- Still have the biggest, squishiest cheeks that I love to nibble.
- Are a precious gift from God. We love you!